Terms of Service
Welcome to CVBOX.COM.NG.
The following terms of service (these "Terms of Service") govern your access to and use of the CVBOX website and mobile application, including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through www.cvbox.com.ng or the CVBOX mobile application (the "Site. CVBOX and its subsidiaries are collectively referred hereto as "CVBOX" "we" or "us" and “you” or “user” means you as a user of the Site.
This Site is offered and available to users who are at least 18 years of age and legal age to form a binding contract. If you are under 18 and at least 13 years of age, you are only permitted to use the Site through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission. If you are under 13 you are not permitted to use the Site or the CVBOX services. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a request here.
The original language of these Terms of Service, as well as all other texts throughout the Site, is English
Buyers are users who purchase services on CVBOX.
Order Page is where Buyers and Sellers communicate with each other in connection with an order.
Orders are the formal agreements between a Buyer and Seller after a purchase was made from the Seller’s Page.
Sellers are users who offer and perform services through Services or the Logo Maker on CVBOX.
Overview (Main terms, in a nutshell)
Only registered users may buy and sell on CVBOX. Registration is free. In registering for an account, you agree to provide us with accurate, complete, and updated information and must not create an account for fraudulent or misleading purposes. You are solely responsible for any activity on your account and for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password. We are not liable for any acts or omissions by you in connection with your account.
When purchasing a Service, Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the Seller on their Service page. Note: some Services charge additional payments (through Service Extras) for Commercial Use licenses.
CVBOX retains the right to use all published delivered works and Logo Designs for CVBOX marketing and promotion purposes.
Users undertake to comply with CVBOX’s Community Standards, which are a set of behavior rules and guidelines, applicable to the CVBOX community and marketplace in addition to these Terms of Service, as updated from time to time.
Sellers create Services on CVBOX to allow Buyers to purchase their services.
Sellers may also offer Custom Offers to Buyers in addition to their Services.
Each Service you sell and successfully complete accredits your account with revenue equal to 80% of the purchase amount.
Order is marked as Complete after it is marked as Delivered and then accepted by a Buyer. An Order will be automatically marked as Complete if not accepted and no request for modification was submitted within 3 days after the Order was marked as Delivered.
- We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact CVBOX's Customer Support department for assistance here. For more information about disputes, Order cancellations and refunds please refer to the Payment Terms.
- Orders through the Logo Maker are completed once payment is made by the Buyer.
- A milestone (on an Order with milestones) is marked as Complete after it is delivered by the Seller and then accepted by the Buyer. A milestone will be automatically marked as complete if no acceptance or request for modification were submitted within 8 days after being marked as Delivered, however, in such case, the Order will be stopped and all further milestones will not start. Once a milestone is delivered and accepted, Buyers may choose to either continue with the Order and pay for the next milestone or to stop the Order. If the Buyer does not pay for the next milestone within 10 days of acceptance of previous milestones, the Order under the next milestones will not start. Please note that if you choose to stop the future milestones, the current ordered milestone will not be canceled.
Buyers may purchase a Service Subscription, if available on the Seller’s Service page. During the Service Subscription term, a new Order of the same Service will be automatically created on a recurring basis, as agreed between the Seller and Buyer. By purchasing a Service Subscription, you authorize us to automatically charge you for each Order under the Service Subscription from your CVBOX Balance or saved payment method, as applicable.
Buyer may also cancel future Orders under the Service Subscription before payment is made for such future Orders. Once payment is made, CVBOX’s Order Cancelation policy under the Payments Terms will apply. Please note that Sellers can cancel future Orders under the Service Subscription 10 days prior to the next consecutive Order.
Certain Services that offer local services might require Buyers and Sellers to meet in person in order for the Seller to perform the service. In such cases, users should note that CVBOX does not guarantee the behavior, conduct, safety, suitability or ability of either Buyers or Sellers. Both Buyers and Sellers agree that the entire risk arising out of their meeting and/or their use or performance of local services remains solely with them, and CVBOX has no responsibility or liability related to any local services provided by the Sellers. In the event that the service is performed on the Buyers’ premises, Buyers are encouraged to maintain proper insurance policies to cover their liability as the premise owner. CVBOX’s Terms of Service and Community Standards remain applicable to Orders that are performed outside of the marketplace (including, among others, the below restrictions on Unlawful Use, Inappropriate Behavior & Language, and Targeted Abuse).
- When a Buyer orders a Service, the Seller is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
- Sellers are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their Services. Failing to do so will allow the Buyer to cancel the Order when an Order is marked as late and may harm the Seller's status.
- Sellers must send completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Completed Work button (located on the Order page) to mark the Order as Delivered.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. CVBOX will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- Buyers may use the "Request Revisions" feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller's description on their Service page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.
Feedback reviews provided by Buyers while completing an Order are an essential part of CVBOX's rating system. Reviews demonstrate the Buyer's overall experience with the Sellers and their service. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the Seller any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the Seller.
Leaving a Buyer's feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the CVBOX platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the CVBOX platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Feedback comments given by Buyers are publicly displayed on a Seller’s Service page.
- Work Samples are the delivered images and videos sent to a Buyer in a delivery message. Work Samples are added to a Seller's Live Portfolio on their Service page if the Buyer chooses to publish the Work Sample while providing a public feedback review.
- Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Service’s service with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
- Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the Buyer has three days to respond. If no response is provided within the response period, the Order will be considered completed.
- Users are allowed to leave reviews on Orders up to 10 days after an Order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an Order after 10 days.
- Sellers may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their Buyers through mutual cancellations.
- Once the Buyer submits his/her review, the Seller will receive a notification and will also have the opportunity to leave a review about working with the Buyer. Please Note: At this stage, Sellers cannot see the Buyer's review.
- Once both Seller and Buyer have completed their reviews, or the 10 days have passed, all posted reviews are made public.
- Responding to a review: Once both reviews from the Buyer and Seller have been published, the Seller can reply to the Buyer’s review from the Order page, seen on the Seller’s Service page, beneath the Buyer’s feedback.
- Feedback reviews are unavailable for orders made through the Logo Maker.
User Conduct and Protection
CVBOX enables people around the world to create, share, sell and purchase nearly any service they need at an unbeatable value. Services offered on CVBOX reflect the diversity of an expanding Service economy. Members of the CVBOX community communicate and engage through orders, social media, and on CVBOX’s Community Forums.
CVBOX maintains a friendly, community spirited, and professional environment. Users should keep to that spirit while participating in any activity or extensions of CVBOX. This section relates to the expected conduct users should adhere to while interacting with each other on CVBOX.
To report a violation of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, User Misconduct, or inquiries regarding your account, please contact our Customer Support team here.
- To protect our users' privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of CVBOX in order to circumvent or abuse the CVBOX messaging system or CVBOX platform is not permitted.
- Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.
- CVBOX does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to Buyers. You may use the dispute resolution tools provided to you in the Order Page.
- CVBOX does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the CVBOX platform.
- All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on CVBOX's platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
- CVBOX is open to everyone. You undertake not to discriminate against any other user based on gender, race, age, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or otherwise and you acknowledge that such discrimination may result in the suspension/removal of your account.
- Users may not submit proposals or solicit parties introduced through CVBOX to contract, engage with, or pay outside of CVBOX.
- Users with the intention to defame competing Sellers by ordering from competing services will have their reviews removed or further account status-related actions determined by review by our Trust & Safety team.
- Users are to refrain from spamming or soliciting previous Buyers or Sellers to pursue removing/modifying reviews or canceling orders that do not align with Order Cancellation or Feedback policies.
- Users may report Services to Customer Support that may be in violation of CVBOX’s Terms of Service based on the reported Service’s replicated similarity to pre-existing services (copycat Services).
- Sellers warrant that any content included in their Services shall be original work conceived by the Sellers and shall not infringe any third party rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, or service marks. In the event that certain music or stock-footage media are incorporated within the Services, Sellers represent and warrant that they hold a valid license to use such music and/or footage and to include them in the Services.
- CVBOX will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement. Our Intellectual Property claims procedures can be reviewed here.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user's email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity but can lead to your account losing Seller statuses or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Adult Services & Pornography - CVBOX does not allow any exchange of adult-oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behavior & Language - Communication on CVBOX should be friendly, constructive, and professional. CVBOX condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech toward others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate orders, and to engage on larger platforms such as our Community Forum and Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam - Members’ security is a top priority. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment are strictly prohibited. Please respect our members' privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions, or anything which is not directly related to their Services or orders.
Privacy & Identity - You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided on the Order Page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Buyer. Any user who engages and communicates off of CVBOX will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
Authentic CVBOX Profile - You may not create a false identity on CVBOX, misrepresent your identity, create a CVBOX profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. CVBOX reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).
Intellectual Property Claims - CVBOX will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement, and/or violation of third party’s terms of service. Our Intellectual Property claims procedures can be reviewed here.
Fraud / Unlawful Use - You may not use CVBOX for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts - To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active CVBOX account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the CVBOX community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations of CVBOX’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards is a cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse - We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on CVBOX. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts - You may not buy or sell CVBOX accounts.
The Site, including its general layout, look and feel, design, information, content and other materials available thereon, is exclusively owned by CVBOX and protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. Kippa expert® and The CV Guy® are all registered trademarks owned exclusively by CVBOX. Users have no right, and specifically agree not to do the following with respect to the Site or any part, component or extension of the Site (including its mobile applications):
- copy, transfer, adapt, modify, distribute, transmit, display, create derivative works, publish or reproduce it, in any manner;
- reverse assemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive its source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, structure or organization;
- remove any copyright notice, identification or any other proprietary notices;
- use automation software (bots), hacks, modifications (mods) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Site;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt the Site or the computer systems or networks connected to the Site;
- circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any technological measure or content protections of the Site;
- use any robot, spider, crawlers or other automatic device, process, software or queries that intercepts, “mines,” scrapes or otherwise accesses the Site to monitor, extract, copy or collect information or data from or through the Site, or engage in any manual process to do the same,
- introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other materials that are malicious or technologically harmful into our systems,
- use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site, or interfere with any other users’ enjoyment of the Site or
- access or use the Site in any way not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service. Users also agree not to permit or authorize anyone else to do any of the foregoing.
Except for the limited right to use the Site according to these Terms of Service, CVBOX owns all right, title, and interest in and to the Site (including any and all intellectual property rights therein) and you agree not to take any action(s) inconsistent with such ownership interests. We reserve all rights in connection with the Site and its content (other than UGC) including, without limitation, the exclusive right to create derivative works.
To the extent that you provide CVBOX with any comments, suggestions or other feedback regarding the CVBOX platform or the Site as a whole, as well as other CVBOX products or services (collective, the “Feedback”), you will be deemed to have granted CVBOX an exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid up, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide ownership rights in the Feedback. CVBOX is under no obligation to implement any Feedback it may receive from users.
Sellers should recognize that there might be a need for Buyers to disclose certain confidential information to be used by Sellers for the purpose of delivering the ordered work, and to protect such confidential information from unauthorized use and disclosure. Therefore, Sellers agree to treat any information received from Buyers as highly sensitive, top secret and classified material. Without derogating from the generality of the above, Sellers specifically agree to
- maintain all such information in strict confidence;
- not disclose the information to any third parties;
- not use the information for any purpose except for delivering the ordered work; and
- not to copy or reproduce any of the information without the Buyer’s permission.
CVBOX reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to a breach of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
Violation of CVBOX's Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards may get your account disabled permanently.
Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on CVBOX.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorized usage.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- Disputes should be handled using CVBOX's dispute resolution tools ('Resolution Center' on the order page) or by contacting CVBOX Customer Support.
- CVBOX may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, CVBOX will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use CVBOX after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, CVBOX will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
User-Generated Content ("UGC") refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by the Site. All content uploaded to CVBOX by our users (Buyers and Sellers) is User Generated Content. CVBOX does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, or other rights or violations, and the user uploading/creating such content shall be solely responsible for it and the consequences of using, disclosing, storing, or transmitting it. By uploading to, or creating content on, the CVBOX platform, you represent and warrant that you own or have obtained all rights, licenses, consents, permissions, power, and/or authority, necessary to use and/or upload such content and that such content or the use thereof in the Site does not and shall not
- infringe or violate any intellectual property, proprietary or privacy, data protection or publicity rights of any third party;
- violate any applicable local, state, federal and international laws, regulations and conventions; and/or
- violate any of your or third party’s policies and/or terms of service. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, CVBOX is not responsible for the content, quality, or level of service provided by the Sellers. We provide no warranty with respect to the Services, their delivery, any communications between Buyers and Sellers, and the Logo Designs created through the Logo Maker. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community, and common sense in choosing appropriate services.
By offering a service, the Seller undertakes that he/she has sufficient permissions, rights, and/or licenses to provide, sell or resell the service that is offered on CVBOX.
Ownership and limitations: When purchasing a Service on CVBOX, unless clearly stated otherwise on the Seller's Service page/description, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment, the Buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyright in the work delivered from the Seller, and the Seller waives any and all moral rights therein. Accordingly, the Seller expressly assigns to the Buyer the copyright in the delivered work. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the Buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Service, and the delivery may not be used if payment is canceled for any reason.
Furthermore, users (both Buyers and Sellers) agree that unless they explicitly indicate otherwise, the content users voluntarily create/upload to CVBOX, including Service texts, photos, videos, usernames, user photos, user videos and any other information, including the display of delivered work, may be used by CVBOX for no consideration for marketing and/or other purposes.
Service Commercial Use License
By purchasing a “Commercial Use License” with your Service Order, the Seller grants you a perpetual, exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the purchased delivery for Permitted Commercial Purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, the Seller retains all ownership rights. “Permitted Commercial Purposes” means any business-related use, such as (by way of example) advertising, promotion, creating web pages, integration into product, software, or other business-related tools, etc., and strictly excludes any illegal, immoral, or defamatory purpose. This License is subject to CVBOX’s Terms of Service. There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this delivery, including with respect to fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the Seller nor CVBOX will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential, or other damages arising out of this license, the delivery, or your use of the delivery.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER CVBOX NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH CVBOX MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CAN NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL CVBOX, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CAN NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
The term “Affiliate” referred to herein, is an entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, or is under the control of, or is under common control with CVBOX, where control means having more than fifty percent (50%) voting stock or other ownership interest or the majority of voting rights of such entity.